There are some air conditioner issues a homeowner cannot afford to wait to repair. This unit is responsible for keeping everyone inside cool and comfortable throughout the warmer months of the year. However, if an issue is present that doesn’t really impact a person’s day to day life, they may not see the urgency of scheduling professional AC service Bryn Mawr right away. However, the AC system has many moving components that have to work together to remove heat and blow cold air into the home. If one of these parts doesn’t work properly, homeowners are likely going to hear a loud or unusual sound.
When it comes to AC units, no two sounds are created equal and some are much more serious than others. However, the fact is, any new, unusual or loud sound should never be ignored. Some of the most common include:
* Squealing sounds: In most cases, this indicates a worn out motor belt.
* Rattling sounds: This may be an issue with the ducts, a problem with the system’s fan or mounts inside the unit that are loose.
* Banging sounds: Indicates issues with the compressor or motor.
* Buzzing sounds: Often heard when there is a serious electrical issue present.
* Clicking sounds: Usually an electrical problem, such as an issue with the relay switch.
In some cases, a homeowner may not notice any difference in regard to the quality of the AC system. They may even still be getting some cool air through the vents; however, this doesn’t automatically mean that everything is working properly.
In most cases, issues related to all of the sounds listed above are pretty easy to fix. However, if a homeowner waits too long to call for professional AC service Bryn Mawr, the entire unit may malfunction or break.
Taking the time to call for AC service when a weird sound is first heard will pay off. In most cases, it will help a homeowner avoid more expensive and extensive repairs down the road. More information about AC sounds and what they mean can be found by contacting the professionals at Sheehan Plumbing and Heating. Being informed and taking action is a must when it comes to AC sounds and issues.