Signs Your System Needs Air Conditioning Repair Service in Naples FL
Every homeowner wants to have a cool home during the hot summer months. Unfortunately, it seems air conditioning systems break down at the worst of times and can be stressful to deal with. Thankfully, there are some warning signs that are exhibited well before a complete breakdown. Understanding the signs to look for will allow homeowners to know when they need to call the professionals for air conditioning repair service in Naples, FL.
• Weakened air flow through the vents is a telltale sign there is a problem that needs to be addressed. In some cases, this may simply mean there is a leak in the ductwork but it could also indicate a problem with the components of the system.
• Moisture pooling around the indoor or outdoor units of an air conditioner means repairs need to be carried out. This could be something as simple as a clogged drain tube or could be a sign the system is freezing due to a lack of Freon.
• Strange noises in operation should never be ignored because they can indicate serious malfunction issues. Grinding, squeaking, and grating sounds are not normal. If a system is operating with strange noises, it is important to shut it down and seek air conditioning repair service in Naples, FL.
• When an air conditioning system is operating properly, the air coming out of the system should smell fresh. If a homeowner begins noticing sour, moldy, or pungent smells of any type, it is vital they seek a repair technician for diagnosis and repair.
• Frequent cycling or failure to shut off at intervals could be caused by a thermostat issue and not a problem with the unit itself. The thermostat controls the functions of the unit by prompting it to shut down or come back on, depending on the set temperature.
If you are a homeowner who is experiencing any of these signs with your air conditioning system, now is the time to seek repairs. They will provide you with the prompt and courteous service you expect so your home can be cool and inviting.